Monday, August 31, 2009

White Orchid Mushrooms Growing

Today I spent in the dark basement, growing mushrooms! The characteristic white dots were added to the red roof, and tiny mushrooms were planted around the house. To give an idea of scale, the pink foam is one inch thick. The stems and caps are made of Fimo polyclay. The stems are translucent with a smidge of flesh mixed in; the caps are red with sparkles. I formed the caps over the ends of a couple of paint brushes and baked stems and caps separately. After they cooled, I glued them together and used the tip of a toothpick to put tiny dots of 3D "puff" paint on them.
They add just the right amount of color to landscaping.

This side of the house looks a bit bare. Not sure what will go here, but it needs something.
The bay window side seems to be finished.
A little visitor came to the back of the house. It's hard to believe he's a button. Too cute!

2 comments:

  1. The landscaping is just so sweet- I love the mushrooms and the visitor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute!! I've always loved the little mushrooms in my Christmas tree, I've got quite a few of them. Love the idea of the house with the mushroom roof. Love it!

    ReplyDelete